서버관리 2012.11.27 16:48
- Ensure that your Linux virtual machine is powered on.
- If you are running a GUI interface, open a command shell.
Note: Log in as a root user, or use the sudo command to complete each of these steps.
- Click VM in the virtual machine menu, then click Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and click OK.
- To create a mount point, run:
- To mount the CDROM, run:
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- To copy the Compiler gzip tar file to a temporary local directory, run:
cp /mnt/cdrom/VMwareTools-<version>.tar.gz /tmp/
Where <version> is the VMware Tools package version.
- To change to the tmp directory and extract the contents of the tar file into a new directory called vmware-tools-distrib, run:
- cd /tmp
- tar -zxvf VMwareTools-<version>.tar.gz
- To change directory to vmware-tools-distrib and run the vmware-install.pl PERL script to install VMware Tools, run:
- cd vmware-tools-distrib
- Follow the screen prompts to install the VMware Tools. Options in square brackets are default choices and can be selected by pressing Enter.
- To compile VMware Tools successfully, you need gcc Compiler and Linux Kernel sources provided by your Linux distribution. Consult your Linux distribution documentation for details on how to install these packages.
- It is normal for the console screen to go blank for a short time during the installation when the display size changes.
- Some warnings or errors are normal, like when a files does not exist.
- Depending on the Linux distribution, your network service might restart after installation. VMware recommends that you invoke this command from the console and not remotely.
- If you are running a GUI interface, restart your X Window session for any mouse or graphics changes to take effect.
- To start VMware Tools running in the background during an X Window session, run:
- Depending on your environment you may need to unmount the CDROM. To unmount the CDROM, run:
- Depending on your environment, you may need to manually end the VMware Tools installation. To end the VMware Tools install, click VM in the virtual machine menu, then click Guest > End VMware Tools Install.
'서버관리' 카테고리의 다른 글
|임시 계정 만들어서 루트권한으로 접속 되게 하기 (1)||2012.11.28|
|특정 디렉토리 php 사용 못하게 하기. (0)||2012.11.27|
|Installing VMware Tools in a Linux virtual machine using a Compiler (0)||2012.11.27|
|공개된 프록시 서버로 웹 접속하기 (0)||2012.11.27|
|.. 된 디렉토리 삭제하기 (0)||2012.11.27|
|해킹으로 인한 숨은 디렉토리 찾아서 메일 보내기 (0)||2012.11.27|
Background, blank, bracket, canselected, CDROM, choice, Click, Command, compiler, Complete, Console, consult, cp, create, default, depending, Detail, dev, Directory, Display, distrib, Documentation, During, Effect, Enter, Environment, exist, File, Follow, gcc, GO, Guest, GUI, gz, gzip, hosw, In, install, installing, interface, invoke, Kernel, Linux, local, log, Machine, Menu, Might, mkdircd, mnt, mount, mouse, need, NORMAL, OK, open, options, Package, Perl, PL, Point, Power, pressing, Prompts, provided, recommends, remotely, restart, root, Run, Screen, script, Service, Session, Shell, short, size, Sources, square, step, successfully, sudo, tar, temporary, the, these, Time, Toolbox, Tools, Upgrade, User, Using, Version, virtual, vm, VMWare, window, X, You
트랙백 0개 , 댓글 0개가 달렸습니다.